What do I need to do if I am in a motor vehicle crash?
You are only required to notify the police if there is an injury related to the crash, if public property has been damaged, OR if the combined damage to both vehicles equals more than $1200.00

If this is the case, all drivers involved are required to complete a State of Minnesota Accident Report. This requirement is in place regardless of whether an officer responded to the crash scene or not. This report can be obtained from the Chaska Police department or online from the Department of Public Safety.State of Minnesota Accident Report

Show All Answers

1. How do I contact the Police Department after hours?
2. How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
3. Where can I find the Chaska Police body camera policy?
4. After I request my Chaska Police report, when will I get it and how much does it cost?
5. How can I obtain a background report on myself?
6. How can I report a lost or missing animal?
7. What can I do about wild animal issues?
8. Is there a city ordinance for animals?
9. What should I do if an animal bite occurs?
10. What if I lock my keys in my car?
11. How do I get a copy of my driving record?
12. Where can I get information on restraining orders, orders for protection?
13. My car was towed by your agency. How do I get it back?
14. Where do I go to have my fingerprints taken?
15. What do I need to do if I am in a motor vehicle crash?