I just moved to Chaska. What should I do?

The City of Chaska provides the electric, sewer, water, and storm water utility services. 

Call the City of Chaska Utility Billing Department at 952-448-9200 to apply for service. You can also go to Chaska City Hall (One City Hall Plaza, Chaska, MN 55318), and a customer service representative located at the first floor windows will assist you. You will need to complete a Contract for Utilities. 

If you are a renter, you must complete one of these service requirements:

  • Pay a utility deposit equal to two times the average monthly utility bill (Utility Deposit Amounts for Rental Complexes)
  • Or provide a letter of credit from a current utility company showing no more than one delinquent payment during the past 12 months

It is important that you contact Utility Billing at 952-448-9200 prior to moving in or out so that a meter reading can be scheduled. At least one-day advance notice is required to schedule meter readings. 

Show All Answers

1. I just moved to Chaska. What should I do?
2. What are my options when paying my utility bill?
3. What to do if I received a Disconnect Notice or my service has already been Disconnected?
4. Who do I call for other utility services?
5. What if I have an after-hours emergency?
6. I'm having a hard time paying my utility bill. What can I do?
7. Can I have my utility bill paid automatically from my bank account?
8. Do you have a senior citizen discount and how do I receive it?
9. Do you need to get inside to read the meters?