Community Service Officers
The Chaska Police Department’s Community Service Officers (CSOs) are non-sworn officers. CSOs primarily assist with non-emergency calls for service and ordinance enforcement.
How to report ordinance violations
Call non-emergency dispatch, 952-361-1231, and ask to speak to a Chaska Community Service Officer.
Commonly Enforced Ordinances
The following are our most commonly enforced ordinances. Click the "+" icon to expand each section.
- No parking in same location on public streets for more than 48 consecutive hours
- No vehicle shall park in a manner that obstructs or impedes snow removal
- Odd/even parking rules are in effect from November 1 to April 1.
- On even-numbered days, park on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses
- On odd-numbered days, park on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses
- Watch our winter parking video
- Not allowed in the public right-of-way (area between the sidewalk and street)
- Not allowed on public property
- All signs removed by the Chaska Police Department are held for seven days. If unclaimed after seven days, signs are destroyed.
- View the sign regulations section of the zoning ordinance (PDF)
- All dogs over the age of 6 months must be registered, licensed, and numbered before January 1 of each year. Download a dog registration form (PDF).
- All dogs need to be on a leash of 6 feet or less when off of the property of their owner. This applies to all dogs, whether or not they are are registered with the City of Chaska.
- No person shall keep more than 3 dogs or more than 3 cats on the premises or a combination of 3 total between the two.
- Animals found running at large may be impounded. Owners are responsible for paying impound fines.
- Lawn height shall not exceed 12 inches. This includes grass and weeds.
- All tree limbs above sidewalks need to be maintained so that there is a clearance of no less than 8 feet between the tree limb and sidewalk.
- The owner or tenant of any lot of land shall, within 24 hours after snowfall, remove snow from the sidewalk, in front or adjoining such lot of land.
- Do not deposit (i.e. shovel or snow blow) snow onto a public street, park or parking area.
- Only 1 recreational vehicle over 30 feet long is permitted per lot. This includes
- Motor homes
- Travel trailers
- Pickups with slip-in campers
- Open burning is prohibited except for recreational fires
- For more information, visit our recreational fires page.
- Failure to comply with this ordinance may result in the Chaska Fire Department extinguishing the fire and potential fines