CPD Services

Animal Control

Animal control in Chaska falls within the responsibilities of the police department. Common animal problems include barking dogs and dogs soiling neighboring property. 

Before calling the police, try to resolve the problem by talking (after taking 10 deep breaths) with the offending dog owner. This usually works, but if it doesn’t, you can call the police. A community service officer will visit with the offending dog owner. The action taken will depend on the owner’s response and if a warning had previously been given.

Keeping a dog in town carries a lot of responsibilities. Here are a few things you'll need to do:

A more thorough description is outlined in the Animal Ordinance

For animal problems other than dogs, the department will try to assist, but we may refer you to a professional service.